Smoky Stuffed Burgers Recipe
900 g ground chuck steak 450 g mince ½ cup Heinz 57 Sauce
½ cup brown sauce
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped sliced mushrooms
½ finely-chopped large onion
4 slices extra-thick cheese slices
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat smoker to 135°C.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, ground round, Heinz 57 Sauce and brown sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until softened, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Cut cheese into 16 squares.
- Using a ⅓ cup measure, shape beef mixture to make 16 patties. (They do not have to be perfect!) On eight of the patties, place one square of cheese, then 1½ Tbsp of the mushroom mixture and top with another square of cheese. Place another plain patty on top and pinch edges to seal. Reshape the edges with your fingers to round out. Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Place burgers on third rack of smoker and smoke for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 65°C and meat is no longer pink inside.
- Place onto your favourite bun with all of your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Checkout our extensive range of BBQs and Smokers.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.