Smoked Tri Tip Roast and Horseradish Chevre Crostini Recipe
3 pack of tri tip roasts
Salt fine black pepper
Coarse black pepper
Chevre goat cheese
Fresh horseradish (not creamed)
- The night before, I trim the roasts, then rub a good amount of salt and both fine and coarse black pepper.
- When the smoker is loaded up and hot, put the roasts in. A couple on the bottom and one on the top rack.
- While the roasts are cooking put the Chevre in a bowl and mix in horseradish to taste, maybe even a little salt. Don't be afraid to add a decent amount of horseradish. Chevre is a great foundation for stronger flavours since it's creamy enough to mellow them out and strong enough to not get overpowered by them. It's also great with the coarse pepper present on the tri-tip.
- Cut up the baguettes into 1 cm slices and put them in a bowl. Toss with some olive oil for even coverage. Spread the bread on a baking pan and broil very quickly – just long enough to get your toast on.
- Now spread some Chevre on the toasted side of each piece of bread.
- Head back over to the roasts and pull them out when the internal temperature hits 50°C for medium rare. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Slice one tri-tip roast thinly, perpendicular to the grain (I also cut at a 45° angle) so you end up with a nice pile of beef. Cut some of the bigger slices so that they fit neatly on the bread. Keep the other 2 roasts off to the side and cut them up as guests get hungry throughout the day. Now slap a slice of beef on each piece of bread.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.