Smoked Shrimp and Grits Recipe
1 cup of uncooked grits
170 g cream cheese, cubed
115 g cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 egg, well-beaten
(600- 900 g) medium shrimp (peeled, de-veined, & washed)
½ cup butter, melted
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Preheat smoker to 110°C. Fill water bowl half way with orange juice and add Alder wood chips to wood chip loader or tray.
- Cook grits according to package instructions. While still hot, stir in cream cheese, cheese, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, mustard, pepper and salt into grits then add egg and stir. Place grits in a disposable aluminium pan and cover tightly with aluminium foil.
- In a small heated pot, mix butter, Cajun seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well. Place shrimp in an aluminium pan then pour mixture on top of shrimp.
- Smoke both pans for 45 minutes. Remove pans from smoker and drain off all excess butter from the shrimp pan. *It is important to drain off excess butter to keep the dish from being overwhelmed by the butter and smoke flavour.
- Top grits with shrimp and enjoy!
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.