Smoked Baby Back Ribs with Espresso BBQ Sauce Recipe
2.7 kg (3 racks) pork baby-back ribs
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 cup ketchup
1 cup honey
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup strong home brewed coffee
- In a medium saucepan, combine olive oil and garlic and sauté on medium heat until golden.
- Remove from heat and let the garlic cool in the oil.
- Whisk in the ketchup, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, and espresso.
- Return to heat and simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavours. Remove from heat.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper and smoke for 3 hours at 110°C, in preheated smoker. Use hickory chips during the first 2 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove ribs, baste generously with espresso BBQ sauce and wrap in heavy-duty aluminium foil.
- Return to smoker and cook for an additional 1 to 1½ hours, or until internal temperature reaches 70°C.
- OPTIONAL: During the last 10 minutes, remove ribs from the foil and baste again; place them back in the smoker, directly onto the rack, allowing the ribs to caramelize.
- Transfer to cutting board, cut and serve hot.
Checkout our extensive range of BBQs and Smokers.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.