Oink ‘N’ Gobble Recipe
50/50 mixture apple juice and water
1 whole turkey (about 8 kg), thawed if frozen
Your favourite marinade
Cajun Seasoning ¼ cup honey
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 precooked butt portion ham (4.5 kg)
2 Tbsp whole cloves, approx. (optional)
1 (8 oz) Cajun butter marinade injection kit, divided
- Fill water pan ½ full with a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and water. Preheat smoker to 110°C.
- Follow these recipe instructions for Dadgum Good Smoked Turkey:
- Fill water pan ⅓ full with a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and water.
- Rinse and dry the thawed turkey. Using a marinade injection syringe, inject turkey with one jar of marinade. Season outside and inside of turkey with Cajun Seasoning, rubbing it into the skin.
- Place turkey on middle rack in smoker and close the door. Smoke for 9 ½ hours or until internal temperature in breast reaches 75°C. (This total cooking time is for a 8 kg whole turkey. Based on the weight of your turkey, you will need to adjust the total cooking time). Proceed to next step, when turkey is on the last hour and 45 minutes of cooking time.
- Follow these instructions for Sweet 'n' Spicy Smoked Ham.
- Make sure smoker temp is at 110°C.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, brown sugar and mustard and rub over entire ham. On top of backside of ham, score an area about 12 cm wide and 7 cm deep. Push whole cloves, if using, into this area. Using a marinade injection syringe, inject ham with 110 g of the Cajun butter marinade. Place in a deep disposable aluminium foil pan, and pour remaining 110 g of marinade in bottom of pan.
- Place ham above turkey and smoke, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Remove from smoker and cover with aluminium foil. Return to smoker and smoke for an additional hour or until internal temperature reaches 70°C. Remove from smoker, ladle some of the marinade over and slice. If the cloves are in the way, remove and slice remaining ham.
- *For the Dadgum Good Smoked Turkey, the internal temperature should reach 75°C before removing. Enjoy!
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Rosanna, Melbourne VIC 3000
Quality camping & hiking equipment for the outdoors. We stock the essentials from tents, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, and much more to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.