Michelle’s Smoked Guacamole Recipe
6 ripe avocados
4 roma tomatoes
1 small onion
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1 to 2 limes, juiced and zested
Salt and pepper
Recommended wood chips: cherry or apple
- Preheat smoker to 135°C.
- Slice roma tomatoes into halves and remove seeds. Peel and cut onion in half.
- Place tomatoes and onion onto fish and vegetable mat or in disposable aluminum tray and smoke for 40 minutes.
- Remove from smoker and cool. Once cooled, chop roughly.
- Cut each avocado lengthwise and remove seeds. Spoon out avocado flesh and place in medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lime juice, and zest.
- Begin to mash with fork or hand mixer for a smoother consistency.
- Add in smoked tomatoes, smoked onion, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro. Combine gently. Taste and adjust salt and lime to preference.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with freshly fried corn chips seasoned with Tajin.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.