Maple Glazed Ham Recipe
2 to 3 kg ham (pre-cooked; bone-in)
1½ cups maple syrup
1 tsp ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp allspice
16 whole cloves
1 can pineapple slices
1 jar maraschino cherries
- Remove thick skin and trim fat leaving no more than 1 cm thick covering on ham. Score ham.
- Combine syrup, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice in a small bowl. Place ham in large dish and baste with syrup mixture. Let ham stand in syrup mixture for 1 or 2 hours basting frequently until at room temperature.
- When ready to smoke remove ham from dish and stud with cloves. Place ham in preheated 115°C smoker. Cook for about 2-3 hours until internal temperature reaches 70°C.
- Baste with syrup mixture at least two times during cooking process. Before last hour of smoking decorate ham with canned pineapple and cherries and baste.
- Suggested wood chips for smoking: Hickory or mesquite chips
Checkout our extensive range of BBQs and Smokers.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.