Dadgum Gouda Bacon Dip Recipe
450 g cream cheese
450 g smoked gouda, shredded, divided
450 g bacon, cooked and chopped (see directions), divided
3 scallion onions, chopped, divided
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and preheat smoker to 135°C.
- Lay bacon across smoker rack and smoke for 20 minutes. Transfer to a baked sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake bacon for 15-20 minutes in oven at 200°C. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and microwave for 30 seconds or until softened and easy to stir. Then, add the mayo and sour cream and whisk until smooth.
- Reserve ⅓ cup of the shredded cheese, ¼ cup of the chopped bacon and 2 Tbsp of the chopped scallions for later. Add the remaining cheese, bacon, scallions and black pepper to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the dip to an oven-safe dish, top with the reserved cheese and bacon and bake for 30 minutes OR until golden brown and bubbly.
- To add more smoked flavor, transfer to smoker for an additional 10-15 minutes at 135°C.
- Top with chopped scallions and serve. Enjoy!
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Rosanna, Melbourne VIC 3000
Quality camping & hiking equipment for the outdoors. We stock the essentials from tents, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, and much more to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.