1 packer brisket split between flat and point
1 bottle Patriot’s BBQ beef and shoulder rub (or your favourite beef rub)
85 to 170 g spicy brown mustard
Apple juice for basting and bath
Beer for cooking and bath
- Trim brisket to separate the flat from the point.
- Trim fat from the separated pieces top 50 mm or less. Slather meat with spicy brown mustard.
- Rub meat generously with the dry rub. Wrap and let rest for 8 to 12 hours.
- Set you Masterbuilt smoker to 110°C. Foil the water tray to make clean up easier.
- Add a mixture of hot water, beer and apple juice to the bath.
- Smoke with your favourite woods. I prefer oak and hickory.
- Keep adding small amounts of wood at a time until the meat hits an internal temperature of 60°C.
- After hour 2 of the smoke, start spritzing the meat with apple juice every two hours, until the meat hits 75°C.
- Foil the meat with one last spritz of apple juice.
- Continue to cook until the internal temperature gets to 90°C.
- Remove from your Masterbuilt smoker, wrap in towels and rest in an insulated container for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Two hours is best. Slice and enjoy!
- Average brisket time is 13 -15 hours with a few going longer. This is only an estimate because every brisket is different.
- Cooking by temperature is the only way to cook brisket properly.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.