Smoked Ribeye w/ Reverse Sear & Smoked Peppers Recipe
¼ cup salt-free chilli powder
2 tsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp cayenne
½ tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt (remove if you use chilli powder with salt)
- Rub the meat thoroughly and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place meat in fridge for an hour to let the spices penetrate.
- Preheat smoker to 110°C. Use a combination of hickory and peach (or other fruit) wood chips.
- While the smoker is settling down, slice three bell peppers of various colours in half, de-seeded and rinsed.
- Place the rib-eye and peppers on the grate for 45 minutes. At the end of 45 minutes, the rib-eye should reach an internal temperature of 50°C.
- About 15 minutes before the timer is up, heat the gas or charcoal grill to about 280°C.
- Remove peppers and rib-eye from the smoker once the timer has gone off. Sear both peppers and rib-eye quickly (1-2 minutes per side).
- When finished, double wrap in foil and allow the rib-eye to rest for at least 15 minutes. During the rest, the rib-eye will climb to 65°C, a perfect medium rare
- Serve the rib-eye with one of each pepper and sides of choice.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.