Smoked Corned Beef with Potatoes and Onions Recipe
1 corned beef brisket (1.3 – 1.8 kgs), with spice packet
1 can Coca Cola
6 cloves garlic, divided
4 Tbsp pickling spices, divided
5 bay leaves
700 g tiny golden potatoes
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
- Discard liquid in brisket bag. Place brisket in a deep square disposable aluminum foil pan. Pour Coca Cola over and add spice packet. (If spice packet is missing increase pickling spice to 6 Tbsp.)
- Add 2 garlic cloves and 1 Tbsp of pickling spices. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate, turning once, for 3 hours.
- Fill water pan and add bay leaves, remaining 4 garlic cloves, and remaining 3 Tbsp pickling spice. Preheat smoker to 120°C.
- Wash potatoes well and place potatoes, with skins on, and onion in a disposable aluminum foil pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Place on top rack of smoker and smoke for the last hour of brisket smoking time.
- Place brisket pan, covered with foil, on middle rack of smoker. Reduce smoker temperature to 115°C. Smoke for 4½ to 5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 70°C.
- Remove brisket and unwrap foil. Return brisket to smoker and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove brisket and potatoes and onions from smoker. Slice brisket and serve with potatoes and onions.
Checkout our range of bbq smokers for camp cooking.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.