Smoked Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast Recipe
1 bone-in turkey breast (2.7 – 3 kg) 450 g bacon
230 ml apple cider vinegar
120 ml pure honey
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp freshly cracked pepper
230 ml pure honey
- Preheat smoker to 135°C
- Separate the back of the turkey breast and remove the ribs.
- De-skin the turkey breast.
- Whisk marinade ingredients in bowl or shake together in apple cider vinegar bottle.
- Using a marinade injection syringe, Inject turkey breast with marinade (20ml per kg ).
- Make a bacon weave
- Place turkey breast upside down in the center of the bacon weave. Pull sides of the bacon weave around turkey breast and flip over onto rack.
- Place turkey on middle rack in smoker. Smoke for 2 hours.
- While turkey is smoking, blend glaze ingredients.
- After two hours, drizzle ½ of the glaze over bacon wrapped turkey breast. Smoke for an additional 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 75°C (This total cooking time is for a 2.7 – 3 kg bone-in turkey breast. Based on the weight of your turkey breast and if it is bone-in, you will need to adjust the total cooking time. Make sure your internal temperature reaches 75°C).
- Remove turkey from smoker and slice. Drizzle the rest of the glaze over the top of turkey.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.