Smoker General Safety Tips
For all Masterbuilt smokers
- Smokers are for outdoor use only.
- Must be at least 10 feet away from any structure.
- Do not operate under any overhead structure such as roof coverings, garages, overhangs or awnings.
- Make sure smoker is on a level surface. Do not place on tables or counters.
- Do not use on wooden or flammable surfaces.
- Do not use pellets in our electric or propane smokers...wood chips only.
- Do not use glass, plastic or ceramic cookware in smoker.
- Do not completely cover racks in aluminium foil. This will trap heat and cause severe damage to smoker.
- Do not leave smoker unattended.
- Cover electric smokers when not in use and do not use in wet weather. Remember, it’s an electrical appliance.
- Smokers are not for commercial use.
For electric smokers
If an outdoor extension cord is needed, it must be marked with suffix letters “W-A” and with a tag stating “Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliances.” Please ensure cords have grounding terminal in working condition. Cord should exceed: 16AWG diameter and be no longer than 25 feet in length.
NOTE: Cord diameter is measured in AWG (American Wire Gauge) the smaller the number, the larger the diameter. (12AWG is larger than 16AWG)
For propane smokers
Soapy Water Test must be performed each time gas cylinder is connected to burner/hose or each time it is used.
SOAPY WATER TEST: Mix one tablespoon of soap and one bottle of water in a spray bottle. Connect hose to propane tank. Open up propane tank valve and spray each connection with soapy water mixture. Look at each connection and make sure there are no fizzing bubbles.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.