Smoked Volcano Potatoes Recipe
2 russet potatoes
½ cup sour cream + 2 spoonfuls to top with before serving
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (or your favourite cheese)
2 Tbsp of diced green onion
4 strips of bacon for wrapping potatoes
2-4 strips of bacon for potato filling
½ stick of butter
- Preheat smoker to 120°C.
- Wash potatoes, poke with fork, cover in olive oil and salt, wrap in foil, and place on rack.
- Smoke potatoes for 2½ – 3 hours or until slightly tender.
- Cut top of potato off and scoop out potato filling. Leave enough potato intact for support.
- In separate bowl, mix potato filling with chopped bacon, butter, sour cream, and cheese.
- Wrap potatoes with bacon securing with toothpicks.
- Fill potatoes with filling – top with cheese.
- Place back in smoker for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Top with sour cream and green onion (sour cream will heat and run down the side of potato).
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Rosanna, Melbourne VIC 3000
Quality camping & hiking equipment for the outdoors. We stock the essentials from tents, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, and much more to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.