Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Recipe
Salmon fillet (whole or pieces with skin on, bones removed)
Brine (2 parts soft brown sugar, 1 part salt)
SMOKED CREAM CHEESE
Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Rum & Que Soft Coq Rub
1 x Lemon
Crackers of your choice
Smoked Salmon Method
- Rub the Salmon with the brine mix ensuring an even coat all over. Leave in the fridge uncovered for 2-6 hours. This results in a juicier final result with added flavor.
- Lightly rinse off excess brine, and place skin side down on a piece of foil. Put into the fridge for a further hour.
- Heat the bbq smoker to 270°F, and fill the smoke tray with wood chips in the side loader.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge, and with it still on the foil place it in the centre of the smoker. Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Rest Salmon for 5 minutes before serving.
Smoked Cream Cheese Method
- Rub the cream cheese block with Rum & Que Soft Coq Rub generously ensuring all sides are completely covered.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, lightly score the cheese on the diagonal.
- Place onto a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and place into the smoker for an hour or roughly the same amount of cooking time as the salmon.
- Serve with the salmon, crackers of your choice and finish with a slice of lemon and enjoy!
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.