Smoked Potato Salad Recipe
450 g russet potatoes, peeled
½ cup red onion, finely diced
½ cup crisp [ filtered ] pickles, chopped
3 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
⅓ cup light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper
Suggested Wood Chips For Smoking: Mesquite
- Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 110°C.
- Peel potatoes and place them in a large pot with water to cover and boil for 20 minutes, until just tender. Drain potatoes, and dry them, on a plate layered with paper towels.
- Place potatoes directly on the smoker racks and close smoker door. Reduce heat to 90°C and add more wood chips every 45 minutes.
- Keep potatoes in smoker for 2 hours. Remove potatoes from smoker and dice them for the salad.
- In a large bowl mix onion, pickles, boiled eggs, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add diced potatoes to the mixture, cover and chill salad in the refrigerator for several hours.
Checkout our extensive range of BBQs and Smokers.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.