Kiefer’s Cherry Memphis Ribs Recipe
2 slabs of baby back ribs
Cherry wood chips
BBQ Rub (2 Packets)
Dr Pepper Cherry or Cherry Coke
- Prep: (24 hours prior to smoke) Take out fresh slabs of ribs and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub BBQ Rub (generously) on both sides of the ribs. Save ½ packet for later.
- Wrap in foil and place in refrigerator overnight
- (2 hours prior to smoke) Remove ribs from refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature
- Time to Rock n’ Roll: Soak two handfuls of cherry wood chips in warm water for 15 minutes
- Start smoker and bring to 120°C.
- Fill half of the water pan (if applicable) with either Dr Pepper Cherry or Cherry Coke. Fill rest with warm water.
- Sprinkle the rest of the packet of rub onto the ribs
- Place ribs in smoker and wood chips in the pan
- Smoke for 1½ hours at 120°C
- After 1½ hours, place 1 additional handful of pre-soaked cherry wood chips in pan; Fill water pan with warm water, if needed
- Continue smoking for 2 hours at 120°C
- After 3½ – 4 hours (total cooking time), remove ribs and wrap each rack in foil (use a spray bottle and spray inside of foil with warm water)
- Place ribs back into smoker for an additional 2 hours
- Remove ribs and rest 10-20 minutes
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Rosanna, Melbourne VIC 3000
Quality camping & hiking equipment for the outdoors. We stock the essentials from tents, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, and much more to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.