Jason’s Pulled Pork Balls Recipe
2.7-3.6 kg pork shoulder
1 cup paprika
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup salt & ¼ cup black pepper
¼ cup garlic powder
¼ cup ground mustard
¼ cup chilli powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp cayenne
220 g butter
1½ cups flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
950 ml of beef stock
¼ cup milk
1 cup flour
2 cups plain bread crumbs or Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat smoker to 135°C
- Mix pork rub ingredients: paprika, light brown sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, ground mustard, chilli powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Rub generously on all sides of pork shoulder.
- Put pork put directly on rack and smoke for roughly 10 hours or until internal temperature has reached 85-95°C.
- Remove from smoker and pull. Place in refrigerator.
- Make a roux by melting butter and adding flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beef stock and stir until thickened.
- Stir in pulled pork.
- Place mixture into two pans and spread until 4 cm thick. Refrigerate overnight.
- Section and roll into balls no larger than a golf ball.
- Beat eggs with milk. Place flour in one dish, egg wash in a shallow bowl, and breadcrumbs in a separate dish.
- Cover pork balls in the flour, dip in the egg wash, and coat with the breadcrumbs. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat oil to 180°C in electric fryer.
- Fry pork balls until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.