Jalapeño Bacon Smoked Mac & Cheese Recipe
450 g macaroni 450 g bacon
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended wood chips: Apple
- Preheat smoker to 175°C (propane) or 135°C (electric).
- Boil macaroni in a large pot. Drain water and set aside.
- Dice and brown the bacon. Set aside.
- In the same large pot, on medium heat, melt butter then stir in flour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep whisking/stirring to keep roux from clumping. Whisk in milk, when combined with the roux – whisk in heavy whipping cream.
- Keep whisking and add cheeses one at a time, adding the next as the previous one starts to melt. Continue to whisk until sauce is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add in bacon, jalapeños, and macaroni. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Put the mac and cheese in an aluminum tray. Smoke for 45 minutes at 175°C (propane) and 1 hr at 135°C (electric).
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Rosanna, Melbourne VIC 3000
Quality camping & hiking equipment for the outdoors. We stock the essentials from tents, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, and much more to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.