Eddie’s Smoked Honey BBQ Beef Jerky Recipe
1.8 – 2.2 kg choice of meat (round rump roast or top round)
1 stick of butter
4 Tbsp brown sugar ¾ cup of ketchup
¼ cup mustard
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp onion powder
Dash of cayenne pepper
½ cup of soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup of red wine vinegar (optional)
2-3 Tbsp of McCormick barbecue seasoning (or your favourite bbq seasoning)
Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Wood Chips: Mesquite or Mesquite/Apple Mix
- Melt butter in large pot. Add in all remaining ingredients and mix.
- Once cool, put in plastic bag with meat. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 16-24 hours (the longer, the better).
- Set smoker to 110°C. Add wood chips to Slow Smoker Attachment and turn on.
- Sprinkle some more BBQ seasoning to taste on meat and load into smoker.
- After a few minutes, lower smoker temperature to 80°C and smoke for 3-4 hours.
- Rearrange and pull any done pieces from smoker (usually switch meat that was on right side to left side).
- Smoke for another 3-4 hours or until done.
Checkout our range of camp cooking equipment for Australia.
Phone: 03 90880386
Address : Bendigo, VIC 3550
Camping, caravanning, 4x4 and hiking equipment for the great Australian outdoors.
Camping Australia proudly stocks the camping essentials from tents, sleeping bags, camp cooking, hiking and climbing clothing and equipment, fishing gear, caravanning, 4WD gear and much much more all to help you enjoy this great country. Shop for thousands of products delivered all around Australia.